Thursday, January 30, 2014

poetry packet #2

Poetry packet number 2 was a very interesting and variety of poems, I really enjoyed the sonnets  how the Shakespearean sonnet and Dim lady sonnet were one in the same sonnet with the same style just a different languages of course Shakespeare used words like " if snow be white, why then her breast are dun;"  and mullen say " If Liquid Paper is white, her racks are institutional beige" it makes the first poem a lot easier to understand. Even though I still do not understand why he was putting her down.
    Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird even though I think what I perceived the poem to be about and what it actually was about are two completely different things. I did however love the way the poem was written and styled , Personally what  I got was that there a million ways to view things and a million combinations of earthly things and everything is one but it is still all about how you view them.
      but the two poems I liked were The Girls against the Giant and Dream Boogie, because both of them were able to relate to my life. Dream Boogie because one of my favorite poems is actually a dream deferred by Langston Hughes because all though the dream was not deferred there still is some undermining to it because just like that everything could be gone.

1 comment: